Thornbury Nursing Services (part of Acacium Group)
Location: Bristol (Office Based)
Employment Type: 6 month fixed term contract with the potential to become permanent
Working days/hours: Monday to Friday (Between 8am and 5pm)
Salary: £25,500 - £28,000 D.O.E + bonus subject to meeting targets
Unlock your potential
Are you hard-working, organised, and personable, with a passion for working in a people-focused environment? Do you want to develop your career in an organisation where you are truly valued and not just a number?
Part of Acacium Group, Thornbury Nursing Services have over 35 years’ experience in responding to last-minute requirements bringing exceptional nurses to NHS and private healthcare organisations. Our service is fast, reliable, professional and most importantly trusted. We care passionately about our nurses and the difference they make to the lives of patients and clients.
We have a fantastic opportunity available within our friendly and supportive finance team in Bristol for a Credit Controller to join us! This is a varied and busy role where you will handle the collection of finances and the resolution of account queries. Building and maintaining close links with all customers which include Local Authorities, healthcare clients amongst others, to ensure smooth running of accounts alongside working with other departments within the business to resolve outstanding payment issues.
Everyday you will…
- Timely and effective collection of all debts and customers payments, maintaining contact with clients to ensure invoices are clear for payment and resolving queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices
- Meet cash and debtor targets set by the company
- Liaise closely with other departments within the business so that credit issues are resolved smoothly
- Handle disputed invoices and negotiating to bring payment within agreed terms
- Responding promptly to both internal and external stakeholders
- Undertake account reconcilliations
- Regularly contacting customers to ensure all relevant debts are managed as necessary and providing updated statements.
What’s in it for you?
- Dedication to developing you and your career- we can give you the tools, guidance and support you need to be successful in your career
- Pension scheme matching up to 5%
- Gym Flex – discounted gym memberships which are UK wide
- Regular team socials
- Discounts on restaurants, shops, bars and cinemas
- Free flu vaccinations
- Annual company holiday for top performers
Join us and make a difference!
If you want to join a global, marketing-leading organisation who are committed to the human side of business, then look no further. Acacium Group is a global healthcare solutions partner offering staffing, managed services and innovative delivery models to health and social care systems and the life sciences industry. We are a business with scale, leading digital capabilities and a strong financial profile, with a vision to be the leading global healthcare solutions partner.
We are powered by the best people and have an unrivalled and diverse range of capabilities, all while incorporating our company values into everything we do - Putting People First, Always by your Side, Driven by Excellence.
Join us and play a key part of shaping the future of society and improving people’s lives!
To thrive in this role, you must ideally have ...
- A background in Credit Control is not essential but desirable, candidates from a finance, or customer service background will be considered.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel at intermediate level
- Possess strong communication skills with the ability to build good relationships
- Be able to challenge and influence
- Be a good team player
- Able to work towards targets and deadlines
Our Inclusion Commitment
We are passionately committed to being a truly inclusive and diverse company- it is at the heart of our core value of Putting People First. We continue to enhance our culture of inclusion and diversity across all of our roles and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities.