Thornbury Community Services (part of Acacium Group)
Clinical Service Lead
Remote Field Based (expectation to occasionally travel to Bristol office)
Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £50,000-£52,000 per annum + 10% annual bonus + £3,000 car allowance
Unlock your potential:
Part of Acacium Group, Thornbury Community Services, rated outstanding in our most recent CQC inspection, provides complex care in the community. We have an outstanding, high quality reputation of being able to stabilise highly complex packages of care quickly and with the ability to minimise risk, whilst keeping the client and their families at the centre of what we do. We offer a fantastic company culture in such a rewarding environment, where everyone works towards a common goal, all teams working collaboratively and putting our clients needs at the heart of our business!
Due to business growth, we are expanding our team and we have an exciting job opportunity for a Clinical Service Lead to support our Learning Disability Service. This role will see you working collaboratively with our Regional Clinical Leads to provide management of the service delivery from clinical perspective that is safe, responsive, has a positive client experience, working alongside CQC standards and in close collaboration with wider business streams.
What will you be doing?
- Identifying new ways to improve processes and service delivery
- Driving relationships to enhance commitment to strive for individual, team and organisational excellence
- Collaborating with Service Delivery Managers to ensure the business is held to account against agreed performance standards
- Providing professional leadership to the clinical team and other direct support staff within the clinical teams
- Supervising the development, planning and implementation of programmes of care, in conjunction with teams.
What’s in it for you?
We love exceptional people, and in return, we offer an exciting place to work, with a wide range of benefits, rewards and opportunities to grow your career, including:
- Dedication to developing you and your career- we can give you the tools, guidance and support you need to have a long, successful career with us
- Progression and development opportunities within a global business made up of 27 different brands- there are no limits for you!
- Endless learning & development opportunities at your fingertips, including fully funded qualifications
- Gym Flex- discounted gym memberships, UK-wide
- Regular events and incentives
- Discounted Tastecard membership
- Reward Portal, offering discounts on shops, restaurants and bars
- Free flu vaccinations
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Life Assurance, Critical Illness Cover and Private Medical Insurance
Join us and make a difference!
If you want to join a global, marketing-leading organisation who are committed to the human side of business, then look no further. Acacium Group is a global healthcare solutions partner offering staffing, managed services and innovative delivery models to health and social care systems and the life sciences industry. We are a business with scale, leading digital capabilities and a strong financial profile, with a vision to be the leading global healthcare solutions partner.
We are powered by the best people and have an unrivalled and diverse range of capabilities, all while incorporating our company values into everything we do - Putting People First, Always by your Side, Driven by Excellence.
Join us and play a key part of shaping the future of society and improving people’s lives!
What will help you succeed in this role?
- Valid NMC registration
- BSc (Hons) degree
- Management qualification or experience
- Previous experience leading complex projects and management of larger teams
- Able to perform to a high standard within a team framework
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills – ability to respond to unexpected demands.
- Extensive experience in Learning Disabilities Services
Our inclusion commitment
We are passionately committed to being a truly inclusive and diverse company - it’s at the heart of our core value of Putting people first. We continue to enhance our culture of inclusion and diversity across our leadership roles and actively encourage applications from individuals who are part of the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic, LGBTQ+ and disability communities.