Thornbury Community Services (part of Acacium Group)
Head of Talent Attraction & Resourcing
Hybrid Monday-Wednesday Office Based Thursday-Friday WFH
£50,000 Plus 10% Bonus
Unlock your potential:
Are you passionate about people and delivering exceptional levels of care? Do you want to join a high-performing team where you are able to grow your career within a global organisation who are truly invested in developing people and who offer unlimited training and development opportunities?
We believe in putting people first, which is why we are growing our management team who play a significant role in the success of the business. If you are looking for a rewarding role where you can make a difference to people's lives every single day, then apply now!
Part of Acacium Group, Thornbury Community Services, is a division that consists of Complex Community Care, Learning Disabilities and Autism and Mental Health. At Thornbury Community Services (TCS), high quality care is our number one priority. With a team of exceptional and conscientious nurses and care staff, we’re able to deliver the best complex care at home or in the community. With compassion, integrity and dedication, we help empower individuals to achieve personal aspirations, as well as providing care tailored to their needs. Making a positive difference to our client’s lives is our passion and it’s this that sets us apart.
The Head of Talent Attraction is responsible for leading the attraction strategy for Nurses and Support workers across the community services divisions promoting excellence in attraction standards and a world class customer experience for both clients, Nurses and Support Workers. They are an inspiring leader to their teams, supporting to deliver excellence in attraction methods, process and strategy.
Every day you will…
- Work closely with Heads of Department in Marketing, Talent Onboarding, Quality and Business Development and deliver, monitor and improve correct attraction and employee brand strategies utilising segmented recruitment approaches and market, candidate and competitor research.
- Maintain and develop talent attraction strategies for each segmentation of our workforce
- Develop or maintain candidate offerings, including employee brand alongside marketing team
- Maintain expert insight into marketplace, including candidate and competitor research
- Directing and setting priorities for team leaders to ensure all KPIs are delivered
What's in it for you?
We love exceptional people, and in return, we offer an exciting place to work, with a wide range of benefits, rewards and opportunities to grow your career, including:
- Workplace pension scheme
- Health Assessments and Dental Insurance
- Life Assurance, Critical Illness Cover and Private Medical Insurance
- Annual company holiday for top performers
- Gym Flex - discounted gym membership, UK-wide
- Regular events and incentives
- Discounts on shops, restaurants, bars and cinemas
- Free flu vaccinations
- Health Assessments and Dental Insurance
- Festive & Summer parties
Join us and make a difference!
If you want to join a global, marketing-leading organisation who are committed to the human side of business, then look no further. Acacium Group is a global healthcare solutions partner offering staffing, managed services and innovative delivery models to health and social care systems and the life sciences industry. We are a business with scale, leading digital capabilities and a strong financial profile, with a vision to be the leading global healthcare solutions partner.
We are powered by the best people and have an unrivalled and diverse range of capabilities, all while incorporating our company values into everything we do - Putting People First, Always by your Side, Driven by Excellence.
Join us and play a key part of shaping the future of society and improving people’s lives!
To thrive in this role, you must ideally have:
- Experience in specialist resourcing or recruitment
- Experience of a working knowledge of relevant healthcare and recruitment legislation and standards
- Experience of leading and managing multiple teams (location, business unit, specialism)
- Experience of managing complex processes and building new teams or business units
- Experience of effectively dealing with multiple stakeholders both internal and external
- Experience of leading and managing projects and improvements
- Ability to manage employees, setting and monitoring KPIs and targets
Our Inclusion Movement:
We are passionately committed to being a truly inclusive and diverse company- it is at the heart of our core value of Putting People First. We continue to enhance our culture of inclusion and diversity across all of our roles and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities.