Division: Thornberry Community Services
Location: Long Ashton, Bristol
Salary: £21,500 plus uncapped commission (realistic OTE of £24,000+)
Unlock your potential
Part of the Acacium Group, Thornbury Community Services, is a division that consists of Complex Community Care, Learning Disabilities and Autism and Mental Health.
At TCS, high quality care is our number one priority. With a team of exceptional and conscientious healthcare staff, we’re able to deliver the best complex care at home or in the community, 24/7 or whenever it is needed. With compassion, integrity and dedication, we help empower individuals to achieve personal aspirations, as well as providing care tailored to their needs. Making a positive difference to our client’s lives is our passion and it’s this that sets us apart.
You’ll find us open, honest and straightforward in everything we say and do. Joining Thornbury Community Services means joining a team of industry experts who will mentor and guide you throughout your career.
About the opportunity
Thornbury Community Services has an exciting opportunity for a customer service focused individual to join our growing team of Recruitment Consultants. Utilising your customer service and sales/recruitment experience, you will be responsible for taking the candidate through the full recruitment process from start to finish and ensuring that their journey is as seamless as possible.
Our Recruitment Consultants are at the heart of our business, so we will offer you:
- Great work/life balance
- Optional charity involvement – Mind
- Fantastic team culture
- Excellent rates of pay
- The opportunity to enhance your career by applying your transferable skills in a supported customer service-based setting
- Full induction programme and training
- Support with ongoing professional development
- Senior management support
- Excellent company culture with reward and recognition schemes
- Social events throughout the year
- Strong internal support team
Key tasks include but are not limited to:
- Posting employment opportunities across various job boards and social media platforms
- Contacting candidates using a variety of methods eg: telephone, email etc
- Proactively searching for candidates using the Indeed CV database
- Arranging interviews for candidates (to be completed by the hiring manager)
- Completing reference checks for candidates.
- Completing DBS checks for candidates
- Liaising with numerous departments throughout the organisation
Join us and make a difference!
If you want to join a global, marketing-leading organisation who are committed to the human side of business, then look no further. Acacium Group is the UK’s largest healthcare staffing and solutions partner and specialise in the healthcare, social care, and life sciences industries. We are a business with scale, leading digital capabilities and a strong financial profile, with a vision to be the leading global healthcare solutions partner.
We are powered by the best people and have an unrivalled and diverse range of capabilities, all while incorporating our company values into everything we do - Putting People First, Always by your Side, Driven by Excellence. Join us and play a key part of shaping the future of society and improving people’s lives!
What will help you succeed in this role?
- A strong customer service or sales background. Recruitment experience is preferred but not essential.
- A passion for providing a high standard of customer service
- High attention to detail
- Strong literacy and IT skills.
Our Inclusion Movement
We are passionately committed to being a truly inclusive and diverse company- it is at the heart of our core value of Putting People First. We continue to enhance our culture of inclusion and diversity across all of our roles and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities