Location/Department: London Grays Inn Road
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Part of Acacium Group…. Xyla Elective Care, is the new force in NHS waiting list management. Our pioneering services deliver high-impact interventions to help manage demand, capacity and operational productivity.
Clinical capacity is our core service and involves working in partnership with the NHS to deliver high-quality elective treatments to patients. We do this by mobilising expert teams of doctors, nurses and allied health professionals to deliver clinical services on trust premises, typically at the weekends.
You’ll find us open, honest and straightforward in everything we say and do. Joining Xyla Elective Care means joining a team of industry experts who will mentor and guide you throughout your career.
About the opportunity
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate and driven Service Manager to join the team at Xyla Elective Care. You will be a key member of the Clinical Operations team, supporting both the Head of Service Delivery and the Divisional Chief Nurse. You will take ownership of the day-to-day management of a portfolio of contracts and work in close collaboration with our NHS clients to ensure services are delivered in line with agreed specification.
What you will be doing
- Working closely with the Project and Mobilisation Manager; you will be responsible for the mobilisation of each new contract that is allocated to you
- Ensure each project is completed on time, during the implementation phase
- Prepare and maintain up-to-date Operations Manuals for each contract and ensure that the clinical staff within your portfolio of services are adequately prepared for each new contract
- Contract and account management, ensuring the smooth and safe operation of each of your designated contracts
- Business development, utilising the knowledge from your clinical teams to identify potential business development opportunities
- Staff management, supporting the recruitment and compliance teams to ensure the safe staffing of your contracts
- Play a key role in managing the financial performance of each contract and ensure staffing costs are within budget
We believe to be successful within this role, you will need to have
- Previous Service Manager experience desirable but not essential
- Prior experience within an operational Healthcare setting OR as a clinical professional
- Up to date knowledge of current clinical, professional and service issues within the NHS
- Knowledge of clinical governance, risk management processes, safeguarding and infection
- Excellent insight into the operational running of the NHS
What we can offer you
In exchange for your hard work we can offer you a competitive salary, 25 days holiday which increases with years of service, company pension scheme, season travel ticket loan, holiday incentives abroad and awards for excellent performance alongside the opportunity to be part of a supportive and successful team.
When you join Acacium Group, you will work in a caring culture that prioritises your well-being, is passionate, ambitious and delivers with integrity. Constant and reliable, we care about every colleague having a fulfilling and positive experience as part of our team. From personal development to career pathways and opportunities, competitive benefits, and being part of a global business, we help every person be the best version of themselves.
About Acacium Group
We are collaborative in our common purpose to improve people’s lives through expert healthcare, social care, and life sciences. Everything we do is powered by people. From the expertise of our people to our long-standing client relationships, we’re proud to be a company that’s committed to the human side of business.
Always by your side - driven by excellence - putting people first